Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.94%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Chemicals , Utilities and Insurance sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.94%, while the MDAX index lost 0.91%, and the TecDAX index lost 0.89%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 1.82% or 1.240 points to trade at 69.420 at the close. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) added 0.58% or 0.58 points to end at 99.98 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 0.37% or 0.060 points to 16.200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 3.82% or 1.900 points to trade at 47.880 in late trade. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) declined 1.98% or 2.800 points to end at 138.300 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 1.97% or 0.181 points to 9.000.
The top performers on the MDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 3.44% to 97.8500, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was up 2.00% to settle at 78.420 and Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which gained 1.56% to close at 32.46.
The worst performers were Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was down 3.05% to 24.510 in late trade, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which lost 2.83% to settle at 99.700 and GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 2.62% to 26.050 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 13.21% to 12.00, Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which was up 4.30% to settle at 7.2750 and JOST Werke AG (DE: JSTG ) which gained 4.11% to close at 30.4000.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 3.00% to 22.6200 in late trade, SAF Holland SA (DE: SFQN ) which lost 2.94% to settle at 12.550 and Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co KGaA (DE: BVB ) which was down 2.92% to 8.635 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 476 to 237 and 67 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 3.17% to 19.83.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to $1228.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 1.45% or 0.79 to hit $53.84 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.29% or 0.82 to trade at $62.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.19% to 1.1406, while EUR/GBP fell 0.58% to 0.8857.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.21% at 96.382.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or