Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 1.01%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Construction , Technology and Transportation & Logistics sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 1.01%, while the MDAX index fell 1.16%, and the TecDAX index fell 1.32%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ), which rose 1.30% or 1.550 points to trade at 120.400 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) added 1.20% or 3.00 points to end at 252.80 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 0.53% or 0.48 points to 91.66 in late trade.
Biggest losers included BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ), which lost 5.38% or 3.920 points to trade at 68.950 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 4.43% or 1.000 points to end at 21.570 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 3.55% or 0.435 points to 11.835.
The top performers on the MDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 2.12% to 89.050, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was up 1.45% to settle at 20.0000 and Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which gained 0.60% to close at 40.200.
The worst performers were Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which was down 8.58% to 119.40 in late trade, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which lost 5.66% to settle at 38.500 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 4.52% to 28.280 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 2.12% to 89.050, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 1.69% to settle at 360.00 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which gained 1.45% to close at 20.000.
The worst performers were S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 4.78% to 23.12 in late trade, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which lost 4.11% to settle at 42.420 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 3.46% to 10.0500 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 579 to 134 and 66 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 15.36% to 16.22 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.18% or 2.35 to $1283.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $61.94 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.01% or 0.01 to trade at $70.86 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.07% to 1.1208, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8554.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 97.232.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or