The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which rose 0.77% or 0.700 points to trade at 91.660 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 0.47% or 0.100 points to end at 21.550 and Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) was up 0.32% or 0.450 points to 140.900 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 12.46% or 13.810 points to trade at 97.040 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 4.44% or 0.670 points to end at 14.420 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) shed 2.73% or 3.60 points to 128.25.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which rose 27.28% to 4.904, Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which was up 1.33% to settle at 74.560 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which gained 1.09% to close at 9.72.
The worst performers were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 5.15% to 41.640 in late trade, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which lost 5.15% to settle at 32.050 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 4.47% to 48.13 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Metro AG ST O.N. (DE: CECG ) which rose 26.78% to 4.904, Hapag Lloyd AG (DE: HLAG ) which was up 2.34% to settle at 22.7400 and Cewe Color Holding O.N. (DE: CWCG ) which gained 1.35% to close at 75.200.
The worst performers were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 32.11% to 20.590 in late trade, Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which lost 10.42% to settle at 25.2800 and Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which was down 10.30% to 29.6000 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 513 to 179 and 84 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 4.86% to 18.78.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.33% or 4.35 to $1318.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.23% or 0.12 to hit $52.52 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.18% or 0.11 to trade at $61.74 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.09% to 1.1329, while EUR/GBP rose 0.03% to 0.8758.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 96.377.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.