The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ), which rose 2.75% or 5.7000 points to trade at 213.2000 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 1.45% or 1.600 points to end at 111.950 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 1.34% or 1.04 points to 78.42 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which lost 8.88% or 5.560 points to trade at 57.080 in late trade. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) declined 5.78% or 5.800 points to end at 94.540 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 4.34% or 0.825 points to 18.190.
The top performers on the MDAX were Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which rose 3.50% to 38.110, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was up 2.60% to settle at 26.830 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which gained 2.59% to close at 46.760.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 7.30% to 92.000 in late trade, K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which lost 3.31% to settle at 17.395 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 3.23% to 46.200 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Sixt AG ST O.N. (DE: SIXG ) which rose 12.64% to 102.500, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was up 9.99% to settle at 0.14 and Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co KGaA (DE: BVB ) which gained 3.89% to close at 9.080.
The worst performers were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) which was down 5.78% to 94.540 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 5.76% to settle at 9.3500 and Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was down 5.35% to 82.250 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 416 to 305 and 58 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.87% to 17.31.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.40% or 4.90 to $1232.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.87% or 0.61 to hit $69.14 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.82% or 0.66 to trade at $79.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.19% to 1.1480, while EUR/GBP rose 0.25% to 0.8792.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 95.51.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.