The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which rose 1.11% or 1.10 points to trade at 100.50 at the close. Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) added 0.76% or 1.6000 points to end at 211.2000 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 0.72% or 0.64 points to 89.44 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 8.72% or 1.782 points to trade at 18.648 in late trade. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) declined 4.15% or 2.820 points to end at 65.060 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 2.92% or 2.000 points to 66.600.
The top performers on the MDAX were Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which rose 1.62% to 25.750, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 1.07% to settle at 13.24 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which gained 0.49% to close at 49.320.
The worst performers were Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which was down 5.71% to 36.000 in late trade, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which lost 5.09% to settle at 57.400 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 3.69% to 49.83 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 1.21% to 20.020, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 0.12% to settle at 8.180 and Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which lost 0.41% to close at 31.570.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 8.59% to 16.290 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 6.06% to settle at 54.250 and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was down 5.79% to 125.20 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 535 to 167 and 72 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 3.94% to 16.85.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.33% or 4.00 to $1205.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.15% or 0.11 to hit $74.44 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.09% or 0.08 to trade at $84.50 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.08% to 1.1506, while EUR/GBP fell 0.61% to 0.8788.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 95.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.