The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde PLC (DE: LINI ), which rose 2.06% or 2.900 points to trade at 144.000 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 1.47% or 1.380 points to end at 95.140 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was up 0.99% or 0.41 points to 41.84 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 6.24% or 1.323 points to trade at 19.887 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 4.72% or 6.45 points to end at 130.10 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 4.52% or 2.300 points to 48.580.
The top performers on the MDAX were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which rose 3.58% to 462.50, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was up 3.23% to settle at 3.647 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which gained 1.90% to close at 118.000.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 8.07% to 79.320 in late trade, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which lost 7.08% to settle at 103.700 and Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was down 6.76% to 53.750 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 9.25% to 67.900, Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was up 2.56% to settle at 40.000 and Befesa SA (DE: BFSA ) which gained 2.03% to close at 37.70.
The worst performers were Stabilus (DE: STAB ) which was down 6.69% to 60.65 in late trade, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which lost 6.13% to settle at 33.060 and Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which was down 6.09% to 3.77 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 493 to 224 and 60 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.16% to 18.36.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.28% or 3.50 to $1243.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.08% or 0.04 to hit $52.91 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.36% or 0.22 to trade at $61.91 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.26% to 1.1326, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.8936.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 97.012.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.