The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which rose 0.46% or 0.260 points to trade at 57.360 at the close. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) added 0.43% or 0.28 points to end at 65.61 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 0.41% or 0.080 points to 19.390 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 2.67% or 3.700 points to trade at 134.850 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 2.39% or 0.450 points to end at 18.355 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) shed 2.18% or 1.600 points to 71.720.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which rose 1.72% to 36.70, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was up 1.51% to settle at 33.030 and Alstria Office Reit-Ag (DE: AOXG ) which gained 1.48% to close at 12.360.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 16.88% to 17.530 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 3.77% to settle at 80.66 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 3.59% to 22.02 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which rose 2.46% to 75.100, Bertrandt AG (DE: BDTG ) which was up 2.23% to settle at 75.700 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 2.12% to close at 33.760.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 6.41% to 8.610 in late trade, Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which lost 5.26% to settle at 54.000 and Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which was down 5.14% to 27.6600 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 536 to 169 and 70 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 9.75% to 20.15.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.29% or 3.60 to $1243.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.24% or 0.13 to hit $53.38 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.24% or 0.15 to trade at $62.23 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.06% to 1.1350, while EUR/GBP fell 0.10% to 0.8908.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 96.955.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.