The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which fell 0.12% or 0.011 points to trade at 9.481 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) fell 0.26% or 0.023 points to end at 8.885 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) was down 0.40% or 0.90 points to 224.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which lost 3.08% or 4.96 points to trade at 156.06 in late trade. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) declined 2.78% or 5.55 points to end at 194.30 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) shed 2.22% or 2.45 points to 108.15.
The top performers on the MDAX were Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which rose 1.55% to 111.100, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was up 0.61% to settle at 68.820 and STADA Arzneimittel VNA O.N. (DE: STAGn ) which gained 0.57% to close at 80.960.
The worst performers were Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which was down 2.89% to 44.320 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 2.54% to settle at 113.20 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 2.31% to 49.90 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 3.16% to 15.015, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 2.02% to settle at 98.250 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 1.93% to close at 95.200.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 2.63% to 12.790 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 2.36% to settle at 62.100 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 2.04% to 41.240 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 525 to 220 and 45 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 16.06% to 15.40.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.20% or 2.60 to $1281.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.28% or 0.18 to hit $65.03 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.44% or 1.06 to trade at $74.50 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.05% to 1.1604, while EUR/GBP rose 0.26% to 0.8763.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 94.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.