The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 0.81% or 0.560 points to trade at 69.480 at the close. Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) added 0.80% or 1.6000 points to end at 200.6000 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 0.80% or 1.50 points to 190.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which lost 5.66% or 5.630 points to trade at 93.850 in late trade. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) declined 4.32% or 2.610 points to end at 57.840 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 3.11% or 4.80 points to 149.64.
The top performers on the MDAX were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which rose 1.08% to 26.30, Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was up 1.06% to settle at 41.110 and Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which gained 0.82% to close at 22.20.
The worst performers were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which was down 5.28% to 52.90 in late trade, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which lost 4.59% to settle at 98.940 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 4.28% to 30.400 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which rose 1.75% to 44.200, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was up 0.42% to settle at 36.71 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 0.39% to close at 102.400.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 5.15% to 32.20 in late trade, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which lost 4.22% to settle at 88.500 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 3.85% to 12.500 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 546 to 162 and 74 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 12.32% to 17.52.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.37% or 4.70 to $1269.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.15% or 0.10 to hit $65.61 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.40% or 1.05 to trade at $73.69 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.23% to 1.1601, while EUR/GBP fell 0.34% to 0.8757.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 94.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.