The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 1.45% or 0.67 points to trade at 46.96 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 0.09% or 0.020 points to end at 22.360 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was down 0.32% or 0.030 points to 9.349 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 7.45% or 11.425 points to trade at 141.975 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 3.70% or 0.435 points to end at 11.335 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 2.90% or 1.170 points to 39.230.
The top performers on the MDAX were Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which rose 1.68% to 42.250, Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was up 1.18% to settle at 23.92 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which gained 1.16% to close at 21.000.
The worst performers were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 4.34% to 34.860 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 3.78% to settle at 28.500 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 3.41% to 61.220 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 4.12% to 10.10, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was up 1.47% to settle at 16.530 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 1.05% to close at 2.511.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 7.45% to 141.975 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 3.78% to settle at 28.5000 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 3.47% to 48.360 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 526 to 168 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.20% to 18.00.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 1.25% or 16.15 to $1303.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 3.18% or 1.80 to hit $54.79 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 3.28% or 2.14 to trade at $63.19 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.26% to 1.1159, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.8839.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.29% at 97.770.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.