Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 1.52%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Insurance , Chemicals and Utilities sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 1.52%, while the MDAX index fell 0.58%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.70%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 0.48% or 0.20 points to trade at 42.08 at the close. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) added 0.14% or 0.12 points to end at 89.00 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was down 0.28% or 0.60 points to 210.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 4.79% or 0.452 points to trade at 8.975 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 3.76% or 0.384 points to end at 9.828 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) shed 2.78% or 5.50 points to 192.00.
The top performers on the MDAX were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which rose 1.94% to 55.050, Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which was up 1.47% to settle at 66.320 and K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which gained 1.29% to close at 18.080.
The worst performers were Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was down 2.62% to 32.740 in late trade, Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which lost 2.36% to settle at 36.020 and Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 2.09% to 6.084 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which rose 3.64% to 3.641, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was up 2.85% to settle at 25.22 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 1.73% to close at 9.266.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 8.27% to 20.180 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 6.58% to settle at 54.650 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 4.75% to 12.030 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 458 to 251 and 68 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 8.80% to 15.18.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.80% or 9.50 to $1196.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.80% or 1.30 to hit $73.42 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 2.06% or 1.68 to trade at $83.06 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.14% to 1.1625, while EUR/GBP rose 0.02% to 0.8903.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 94.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or