The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 2.28% or 0.890 points to trade at 39.880 at the close. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) added 1.19% or 0.50 points to end at 42.58 and Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) was up 0.07% or 0.100 points to 136.300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 5.62% or 0.433 points to trade at 7.272 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 4.15% or 2.63 points to end at 60.80 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 4.14% or 1.870 points to 43.350.
The top performers on the MDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 0.46% to 98.7000, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 0.46% to settle at 109.700 and Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which gained 0.30% to close at 40.250.
The worst performers were Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was down 9.37% to 9.19 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 5.57% to settle at 46.140 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 5.23% to 15.9450 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 1.72% to 67.850, ADO Properties SARL (DE: ADJ ) which was up 1.02% to settle at 47.68 and TLG Immobilien AG (DE: TLGG ) which gained 0.57% to close at 24.76.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 27.05% to 9.440 in late trade, Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which lost 15.01% to settle at 30.3000 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 10.18% to 0.09 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 604 to 115 and 60 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 7.64% to 24.09.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.18% or 2.20 to $1250.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 2.00% or 1.05 to hit $51.56 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 1.31% or 0.81 to trade at $60.86 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.10% to 1.1368, while EUR/GBP rose 1.15% to 0.9046.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.60% at 97.058.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.