The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 1.17% or 0.225 points to trade at 19.525 at the close. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) added 1.10% or 0.098 points to end at 8.998 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) was up 0.74% or 0.110 points to 14.930 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 5.85% or 7.900 points to trade at 127.050 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 4.69% or 0.815 points to end at 16.575 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 4.59% or 1.980 points to 41.200.
The top performers on the MDAX were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which rose 4.40% to 23.97, Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which was up 1.91% to settle at 19.20 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which gained 1.61% to close at 8.82.
The worst performers were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was down 8.92% to 62.300 in late trade, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which lost 7.63% to settle at 29.52 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 5.49% to 75.02 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Hamburger Hafen Und Logistik A-SP (DE: HHFGn ) which rose 3.16% to 17.970, VTG AG O.N. (DE: VT9G ) which was up 2.82% to settle at 51.000 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which unchanged 3.45% to close at 0.10.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 10.28% to 7.8560 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 9.70% to settle at 19.4950 and SAF Holland SA (DE: SFQN ) which was down 9.48% to 10.030 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 442 to 260 and 69 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.28% to 23.78.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.59% or 7.60 to $1291.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.69% or 0.32 to hit $46.86 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.00% or 0.55 to trade at $55.46 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.48% to 1.1397, while EUR/GBP rose 0.37% to 0.9026.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.54% at 95.903.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.