The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which fell 0.09% or 0.04 points to trade at 42.50 at the close. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) fell 0.13% or 0.12 points to end at 89.64 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) was down 0.43% or 0.80 points to 184.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 3.86% or 0.780 points to trade at 19.430 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 3.55% or 2.97 points to end at 80.79 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 3.51% or 0.770 points to 21.150.
The top performers on the MDAX were Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which rose 1.14% to 7.095, Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which was up 0.61% to settle at 23.28 and Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which gained 0.55% to close at 36.850.
The worst performers were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 12.70% to 37.310 in late trade, K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which lost 4.87% to settle at 19.045 and Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which was down 3.11% to 77.900 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which rose 2.35% to 40.040, Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was up 0.52% to settle at 86.450 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 0.32% to close at 25.24.
The worst performers were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 7.50% to 44.620 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 5.41% to settle at 19.485 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 5.27% to 161.375 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 581 to 139 and 60 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 12.54% to 20.34 a new 3-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.45% or 17.40 to $1183.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 3.51% or 2.35 to hit $64.69 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 2.64% or 1.91 to trade at $70.55 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.08% to 1.1336, while EUR/GBP rose 0.12% to 0.8928.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.65.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.