The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 0.76% or 0.700 points to trade at 92.720 at the close. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) added 0.11% or 0.15 points to end at 136.10 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 0.10% or 0.009 points to 9.215 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 15.56% or 8.700 points to trade at 47.200 in late trade. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) declined 5.17% or 7.100 points to end at 130.325 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 4.80% or 0.411 points to 8.153.
The top performers on the MDAX were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which rose 1.40% to 29.720, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was up 0.96% to settle at 26.190 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which gained 0.92% to close at 27.48.
The worst performers were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 7.74% to 99.550 in late trade, Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which lost 5.26% to settle at 24.510 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which was down 4.72% to 30.660 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Koenig & Bauer AG ST O.N. (DE: SKBG ) which rose 3.20% to 41.980, Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was up 3.16% to settle at 39.200 and Hapag Lloyd AG (DE: HLAG ) which gained 2.83% to close at 29.7600.
The worst performers were Sixt AG ST O.N. (DE: SIXG ) which was down 9.15% to 79.900 in late trade, Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which lost 8.05% to settle at 59.400 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 7.81% to 0.12 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 572 to 153 and 55 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 9.82% to 21.03.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.14% or 1.70 to $1223.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 5.05% or 2.89 to hit $54.31 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 5.05% or 3.37 to trade at $63.42 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.58% to 1.1388, while EUR/GBP fell 0.25% to 0.8888.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.48% at 96.53.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.