The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 2.72% or 3.800 points to trade at 143.750 at the close. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) added 0.50% or 0.076 points to end at 15.286 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was up 0.38% or 0.18 points to 47.44 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 4.80% or 0.862 points to trade at 17.112 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 3.78% or 1.845 points to end at 46.965 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 3.12% or 0.390 points to 12.115.
The top performers on the MDAX were Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which rose 2.92% to 34.5400, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 1.35% to settle at 28.580 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 1.02% to close at 2.869.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 5.95% to 27.51 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 5.63% to settle at 68.440 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which was down 4.24% to 7.346 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which rose 2.92% to 34.540, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 2.72% to settle at 143.750 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which gained 1.35% to close at 28.580.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 5.63% to 68.440 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 4.84% to settle at 10.1150 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which was down 4.80% to 17.112 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 551 to 158 and 69 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 14.22% to 17.75.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.07% or 0.85 to $1276.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.32% or 0.20 to hit $63.12 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.14% or 0.10 to trade at $72.11 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.09% to 1.1165, while EUR/GBP rose 0.08% to 0.8776.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 97.775.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.