The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 2.69% or 1.25 points to trade at 47.66 at the close. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) added 0.46% or 0.320 points to end at 69.720 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) was up 0.44% or 0.220 points to 50.520 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which lost 5.47% or 7.77 points to trade at 134.23 in late trade. Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) declined 4.87% or 10.18 points to end at 198.82 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 4.60% or 0.894 points to 18.538.
The top performers on the MDAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which rose 3.30% to 14.6950, LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was up 2.86% to settle at 107.750 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which gained 2.27% to close at 101.000.
The worst performers were Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which was down 7.62% to 13.9500 in late trade, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which lost 6.53% to settle at 17.545 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 6.41% to 31.220 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which rose 0.74% to 20.430, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was up 0.57% to settle at 8.890 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 0.52% to close at 2.876.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 7.39% to 20.300 in late trade, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which lost 6.57% to settle at 30.550 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 6.41% to 31.220 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 564 to 147 and 62 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 10.67% to 20.01 a new 3-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.23% or 2.95 to $1284.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.63% or 0.39 to hit $61.73 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.09% or 0.06 to trade at $70.31 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.26% to 1.1220, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.8614.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.19% at 97.203.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.