Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 1.78%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Basic Resources , Technology and Industrials sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 1.78%, while the MDAX index lost 1.81%, and the TecDAX index declined 2.46%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 0.91% or 0.43 points to trade at 47.59 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 0.84% or 0.850 points to end at 102.050 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) was down 0.29% or 0.044 points to 15.046 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ), which lost 6.75% or 3.430 points to trade at 47.400 in late trade. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) declined 5.13% or 2.220 points to end at 41.080 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 4.80% or 0.615 points to 12.185.
The top performers on the MDAX were CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which rose 1.24% to 45.560, Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was up 0.40% to settle at 42.760 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which gained 0.10% to close at 20.740.
The worst performers were Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was down 9.14% to 26.440 in late trade, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which lost 6.23% to settle at 24.700 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 5.03% to 52.08 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 0.42% to 19.050, Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) which was down 0.29% to settle at 15.046 and Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which lost 0.29% to close at 34.540.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 5.36% to 15.540 in late trade, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which lost 4.89% to settle at 132.30 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 4.88% to 19.67 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 566 to 136 and 71 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 13.78% to 18.16.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.93% or 11.90 to $1286.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 6.40% or 3.93 to hit $57.49 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 5.42% or 3.85 to trade at $67.14 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.31% to 1.1186, while EUR/GBP rose 0.20% to 0.8824.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 97.667.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or