Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 2.27%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Basic Resources , Industrials and Construction sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 2.27% to hit a new 6-month low, while the MDAX index declined 2.20%, and the TecDAX index declined 3.11%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 0.70% or 0.600 points to trade at 86.680 at the close. Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) added 0.27% or 0.45 points to end at 170.10 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was down 0.70% or 0.26 points to 36.77 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 4.08% or 0.890 points to trade at 20.930 in late trade. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) declined 3.62% or 0.454 points to end at 12.088 and Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) shed 3.36% or 3.58 points to 102.98.
The top performers on the MDAX were STADA Arzneimittel VNA O.N. (DE: STAGn ) which rose 0.84% to 86.220, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which was up 0.41% to settle at 14.850 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which unchanged 0.00% to close at 70.900.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 12.79% to 0.31 in late trade, Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which lost 5.17% to settle at 43.430 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was down 4.19% to 13.73 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which fell 0.42% to 16.780, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 0.60% to settle at 50.100 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 1.37% to close at 3.679.
The worst performers were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 7.19% to 12.520 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 6.21% to settle at 23.580 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was down 5.77% to 5.800 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 665 to 76 and 56 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 10.25% to 24.17.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 1.19% or 15.50 to $1320.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.20% or 0.12 to hit $61.11 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.39% or 0.25 to trade at $64.08 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.45% to 1.2319, while EUR/GBP rose 0.47% to 0.8946.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.29% at 89.96.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or