The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 5.51% or 1.020 points to trade at 19.545 at the close. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) added 5.23% or 0.421 points to end at 8.470 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 1.51% or 2.55 points to 171.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 1.31% or 1.130 points to trade at 84.860 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 1.30% or 1.75 points to end at 133.20 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 0.97% or 1.15 points to 117.75.
The top performers on the MDAX were STADA Arzneimittel VNA O.N. (DE: STAGn ) which rose 2.12% to 65.050, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was up 1.81% to settle at 36.775 and Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which gained 1.59% to close at 69.590.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 5.91% to 4.55 in late trade, Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which lost 4.62% to settle at 62.980 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which was down 1.94% to 30.035 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 4.68% to 43.145, CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was up 2.65% to settle at 52.590 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 1.46% to close at 82.500.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 3.19% to 12.275 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 2.30% to settle at 15.265 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 1.84% to 4.373 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 400 to 348 and 22 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.34% to 13.43.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.39% or 5.06 to $1292.44 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 4.36% or 2.10 to hit $46.09 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 3.41% or 1.71 to trade at $48.41 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.41% to 1.1232, while EUR/GBP fell 0.50% to 0.8690.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.33% at 96.82.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.