The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 4.12% or 0.540 points to trade at 13.650 at the close. Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ) added 1.46% or 0.160 points to end at 11.130 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was up 1.03% or 1.700 points to 166.800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which lost 3.85% or 1.32 points to trade at 33.08 in late trade. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) declined 3.62% or 2.980 points to end at 79.260 and Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) shed 2.89% or 0.830 points to 27.910.
The top performers on the MDAX were DMG Mori AG (DE: GILG ) which rose 0.57% to 42.600, Airbus Group SE (F: AIRG ) which was up 0.44% to settle at 55.601 and Rhoen Klinikum AG (DE: RHKG ) which gained 0.37% to close at 27.435.
The worst performers were Deutsche Wohnen AG Inh (DE: DWNG ) which was down 4.71% to 32.345 in late trade, Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXId ) which lost 3.42% to settle at 73.070 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 3.16% to 5.24 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 5.05% to 26.400, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was up 3.95% to settle at 9.940 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which gained 1.46% to close at 68.000.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 2.76% to 4.440 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 2.71% to settle at 23.000 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 2.59% to 53.380 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 641 to 235 and 27 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 7.96% to 18.39.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.38% or 5.15 to $1336.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 2.69% or 1.28 to hit $46.34 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 3.00% or 1.50 to trade at $48.49 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.44% to 1.1210, while EUR/GBP fell 0.18% to 0.8453.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.46% at 95.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.