The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 0.26% or 0.09 points to trade at 32.20 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 0.23% or 0.030 points to end at 13.305 and Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) was up 0.21% or 0.055 points to 26.575 in late trade.
Biggest losers included E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which lost 7.17% or 0.673 points to trade at 8.707 in late trade. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) declined 3.55% or 0.550 points to end at 14.950 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) shed 3.16% or 0.230 points to 7.044.
The top performers on the MDAX were LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which rose 1.13% to 82.390, Kuka AG (DE: KU2G ) which was up 0.93% to settle at 109.000 and Alstria Office Reit-Ag (DE: AOXG ) which gained 0.71% to close at 12.035.
The worst performers were Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was down 2.90% to 9.81 in late trade, Rhoen-Klinikum O.N. (DE: RHKG ) which lost 2.74% to settle at 26.235 and Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was down 2.68% to 41.970 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which unchanged 0.00% to 25.20, Qiagen NV (DE: QGEN ) which was down 0.13% to settle at 19.660 and STRATEC Biomedical AG (DE: SBSG ) which lost 0.18% to close at 50.810.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 4.14% to 5.445 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 3.14% to settle at 48.790 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 2.97% to 8.733 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 599 to 275 and 23 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.18% to 22.52.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was up 0.84% or 10.55 to $1272.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.48% or 0.76 to hit $50.47 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.24% or 0.65 to trade at $51.86 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.68% to 1.1318, while EUR/GBP fell 0.31% to 0.7830.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.47% at 94.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.