The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ), which rose 1.06% or 1.400 points to trade at 133.400 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 0.31% or 0.040 points to end at 13.045 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) was down 0.81% or 0.590 points to 72.150 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ), which lost 5.60% or 0.805 points to trade at 13.560 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 5.13% or 0.890 points to end at 16.470 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 4.39% or 5.800 points to 126.450.
The top performers on the MDAX were CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which rose 0.69% to 30.590, Deutsche Wohnen AG Inh (DE: DWNG ) which was up 0.66% to settle at 26.745 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which gained 0.38% to close at 34.520.
The worst performers were Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO O.N. (DE: FPEG ) which was down 4.46% to 37.350 in late trade, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which lost 4.23% to settle at 43.000 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 4.21% to 44.910 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Suess Microtec NA O.N. (DE: SMHNn ) which rose 3.10% to 9.283, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 2.90% to settle at 24.450 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 1.93% to close at 9.225.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 4.91% to 30.340 in late trade, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which lost 4.12% to settle at 215.450 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 3.82% to 43.700 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 681 to 226 and 22 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 13.47% to 21.65.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was up 2.07% or 26.25 to $1292.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.98% or 0.45 to hit $45.58 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 1.38% or 0.66 to trade at $47.11 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.77% to 1.1439, while EUR/GBP rose 0.66% to 0.7822.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.62% at 93.15.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.