Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Utilities , Consumer & Cyclical and Media sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Telecoms , Food & Beverages and Construction sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which rose 3.40% or 1.060 points to trade at 32.200 at the close. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) added 2.40% or 2.55 points to end at 108.90 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 2.01% or 0.165 points to 8.368 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ), which lost 2.37% or 0.315 points to trade at 12.970 in late trade. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) declined 1.34% or 1.120 points to end at 82.680 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 0.99% or 0.134 points to 13.448.
The top performers on the MDAX were Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which rose 3.30% to 31.290, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was up 1.90% to settle at 25.210 and Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which gained 1.06% to close at 66.660.
The worst performers were Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 6.67% to 61.600 in late trade, Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which lost 6.36% to settle at 62.250 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 1.41% to 40.420 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which rose 4.18% to 274.00, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 1.17% to settle at 50.300 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 0.52% to close at 13.655.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 3.85% to 46.500 in late trade, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which lost 3.43% to settle at 6.050 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 3.09% to 24.460 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 429 to 295 and 84 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.34% to 19.27.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.08% or 1.00 to $1331.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.59% or 0.98 to hit $62.66 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.24% or 0.81 to trade at $66.23 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.2329, while EUR/GBP rose 0.17% to 0.8841.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.34% at 89.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.