Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Technology , Utilities and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Basic Resources and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 2.97% or 0.645 points to trade at 22.370 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.24% or 0.260 points to end at 21.280 and Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) was up 1.01% or 1.75 points to 175.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 2.33% or 2.26 points to trade at 94.64 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 1.39% or 0.330 points to end at 23.485 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 0.84% or 1.00 points to 118.60.
The top performers on the MDAX were Airbus Group SE (F: AIRG ) which rose 4.81% to 80.700, Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which was up 3.18% to settle at 149.45 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which gained 1.76% to close at 58.350.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 1.64% to 3.79 in late trade, Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which lost 1.27% to settle at 10.535 and Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which was down 1.20% to 16.890 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 1.53% to 37.550, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 0.89% to settle at 45.955 and Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which gained 0.62% to close at 64.900.
The worst performers were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 7.61% to 75.300 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 3.15% to settle at 9.300 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 2.99% to 10.690 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 410 to 336 and 39 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.52% to 11.26.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.20% or 15.65 to $1287.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.83% or 0.43 to hit $51.44 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.73% or 0.42 to trade at $57.40 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.34% to 1.1756, while EUR/GBP rose 0.18% to 0.8917.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.35% at 93.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.