Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX down 0.14%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Financial Services , Chemicals and Software sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Consumer & Cyclical and Utilities sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX lost 0.14%, while the MDAX index lost 0.10%, and the TecDAX index added 0.44%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ), which rose 2.85% or 3.000 points to trade at 108.150 at the close. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) added 1.54% or 0.420 points to end at 27.650 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 1.40% or 0.188 points to 13.582 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 2.19% or 0.360 points to trade at 16.100 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 1.39% or 1.16 points to end at 82.34 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) shed 1.09% or 2.00 points to 180.75.
The top performers on the MDAX were CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which rose 1.98% to 43.180, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was up 1.53% to settle at 13.61 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which gained 1.21% to close at 46.860.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 5.57% to 0.34 in late trade, Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which lost 5.56% to settle at 84.900 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 3.38% to 70.920 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which rose 14.26% to 13.300, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 6.63% to settle at 13.585 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which gained 6.15% to close at 18.980.
The worst performers were Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was down 2.79% to 6.265 in late trade, S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which lost 2.30% to settle at 21.220 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 1.79% to 25.240 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 361 to 360 and 85 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.49% to 19.53.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.12% or 1.60 to $1329.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.32% or 0.20 to hit $61.59 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to trade at $65.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.18% to 1.2315, while EUR/GBP rose 0.16% to 0.8830.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 89.83.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or