Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Insurance and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Retail , Basic Resources and Financial Services sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which rose 0.91% or 1.00 points to trade at 110.95 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 0.76% or 0.074 points to end at 9.776 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) was up 0.53% or 0.120 points to 22.610 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which lost 2.06% or 2.90 points to trade at 137.94 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 1.77% or 0.78 points to end at 43.41 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) shed 1.26% or 0.700 points to 55.000.
The top performers on the MDAX were Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which rose 1.69% to 52.820, Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which was up 1.20% to settle at 107.56 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which gained 1.05% to close at 32.860.
The worst performers were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 3.77% to 54.950 in late trade, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which lost 3.68% to settle at 38.240 and Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 3.35% to 56.200 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 4.03% to 22.950, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was up 4.02% to settle at 26.38 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 2.33% to close at 195.750.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 3.17% to 58.00 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 2.95% to settle at 13.810 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 2.62% to 30.420 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 378 to 338 and 67 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.11% to 16.78.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.21% or 2.50 to $1206.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.42% or 0.29 to hit $70.06 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.67% or 0.52 to trade at $78.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.12% to 1.1617, while EUR/GBP rose 0.74% to 0.9019.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 95.06.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.