Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX down 0.16%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Software , Retail and Technology sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Media sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.16%, while the MDAX index climbed 0.36%, and the TecDAX index climbed 0.89%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 1.41% or 1.400 points to trade at 100.700 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.35% or 0.290 points to end at 21.730 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 1.03% or 0.220 points to 21.510 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which lost 4.29% or 6.90 points to trade at 153.95 in late trade. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) declined 1.77% or 1.48 points to end at 81.95 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) shed 1.61% or 0.890 points to 54.410.
The top performers on the MDAX were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which rose 2.63% to 469.00, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was up 2.52% to settle at 47.16 and Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which gained 2.41% to close at 32.300.
The worst performers were CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was down 4.92% to 36.320 in late trade, Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which lost 3.45% to settle at 29.140 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 1.63% to 38.710 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 11.28% to 20.920, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 3.07% to settle at 186.450 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 2.35% to close at 8.794.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 1.05% to 10.390 in late trade, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which lost 0.80% to settle at 74.600 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 0.74% to 24.16 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 364 to 327 and 89 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.16% to 15.02.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.75% or 9.00 to $1194.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.32% or 0.22 to hit $67.64 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.19% or 0.14 to trade at $74.64 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.33% to 1.1557, while EUR/GBP rose 0.40% to 0.9018.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.46% at 95.44.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or