Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX down 0.18%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Technology , Retail and Media sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Insurance , Food & Beverages and Consumer & Cyclical sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX declined 0.18%, while the MDAX index gained 0.62%, and the TecDAX index climbed 1.70%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 3.62% or 0.620 points to trade at 17.760 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 2.40% or 3.200 points to end at 136.450 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 1.55% or 0.115 points to 7.551 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 1.59% or 1.03 points to trade at 63.87 in late trade. Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) declined 1.31% or 1.30 points to end at 97.89 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) shed 1.28% or 2.45 points to 188.40.
The top performers on the MDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 6.24% to 78.940, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 5.93% to settle at 98.2500 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which gained 5.82% to close at 26.20.
The worst performers were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 2.04% to 55.300 in late trade, Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which lost 1.83% to settle at 83.59 and Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was down 1.56% to 442.50 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which rose 8.52% to 52.850, Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which was up 6.37% to settle at 3.09 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 5.96% to close at 24.160.
The worst performers were VTG AG O.N. (DE: VT9G ) which was down 2.00% to 49.000 in late trade, DMG Mori AG (DE: GILG ) which lost 1.35% to settle at 43.900 and Indus Holding AG (DE: INHG ) which was down 1.34% to 40.400 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 480 to 231 and 69 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.88% to 21.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.30% or 3.80 to $1289.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.59% or 1.24 to hit $49.20 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.82% or 1.04 to trade at $58.10 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.67% to 1.1469, while EUR/GBP rose 0.35% to 0.8980.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.48% at 95.287.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or