Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Consumer & Cyclical , Food & Beverages and Construction sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Transportation & Logistics and Media sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 2.78% or 3.600 points to trade at 133.100 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 1.90% or 1.760 points to end at 94.240 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 1.70% or 1.06 points to 63.43 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 17.10% or 8.075 points to trade at 39.145 in late trade. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) declined 8.36% or 5.680 points to end at 62.280 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) shed 1.80% or 0.350 points to 19.140.
The top performers on the MDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 2.99% to 98.2500, Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was up 2.40% to settle at 23.080 and Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which gained 2.03% to close at 71.320.
The worst performers were MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which was down 5.28% to 168.60 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 4.33% to settle at 72.84 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 2.94% to 17.850 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Deutsche Beteiligungs AG O.N. (DE: DBANn ) which rose 6.86% to 33.500, Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which was up 4.21% to settle at 54.400 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which unchanged 2.49% to close at 0.10.
The worst performers were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 4.98% to 25.590 in late trade, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which lost 4.97% to settle at 239.00 and Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was down 4.33% to 37.600 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 403 to 307 and 67 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.86% to 22.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.55% or 6.80 to $1250.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 4.10% or 2.11 to hit $53.60 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 4.33% or 2.60 to trade at $62.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.06% to 1.1385, while EUR/GBP rose 0.47% to 0.8942.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 96.715.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.