Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Software , Industrials and Chemicals sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transportation & Logistics , Food & Beverages and Construction sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 2.75% or 2.600 points to trade at 97.080 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.79% or 1.180 points to end at 67.220 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 0.67% or 0.150 points to 22.550 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ), which lost 6.49% or 2.410 points to trade at 34.740 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 2.14% or 0.435 points to end at 19.855 and Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) shed 1.57% or 3.0000 points to 187.9500.
The top performers on the MDAX were Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which rose 4.39% to 70.860, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 3.81% to settle at 53.900 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which gained 3.25% to close at 45.07.
The worst performers were Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was down 4.21% to 66.050 in late trade, LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which lost 2.58% to settle at 94.320 and Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was down 2.14% to 105.300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 5.87% to 22.720, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 1.51% to settle at 13.420 and Software AG (DE: SOWG ) which gained 1.41% to close at 43.120.
The worst performers were S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was down 5.19% to 21.940 in late trade, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which lost 4.48% to settle at 100.100 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 3.49% to 13.270 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 344 to 343 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.00% to 15.38.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.04% or 0.50 to $1314.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 2.36% or 1.67 to hit $69.06 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 1.89% or 1.44 to trade at $74.73 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.38% to 1.1878, while EUR/GBP fell 0.24% to 0.8774.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 92.86.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.