Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Transportation & Logistics , Industrials and Retail sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Utilities and Software sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 1.88% or 0.355 points to trade at 19.260 at the close. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) added 1.77% or 0.760 points to end at 43.670 and Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) was up 1.73% or 0.430 points to 25.270 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 2.38% or 1.000 points to trade at 41.000 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 2.02% or 1.94 points to end at 94.26 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 1.81% or 1.900 points to 102.800.
The top performers on the MDAX were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which rose 5.54% to 23.81, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was up 5.37% to settle at 44.340 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which gained 3.95% to close at 39.52.
The worst performers were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 5.08% to 91.650 in late trade, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which lost 3.50% to settle at 93.7500 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was down 3.15% to 16.9300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 11.20% to 10.620, CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was up 8.58% to settle at 41.780 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which gained 4.14% to close at 23.90.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 11.03% to 0.11 in late trade, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which lost 6.35% to settle at 107.70 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 4.04% to 7.355 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 471 to 236 and 68 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.91% to 21.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.06% or 0.80 to $1252.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 4.94% or 2.48 to hit $47.72 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 3.76% or 2.24 to trade at $57.37 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.19% to 1.1368, while EUR/GBP fell 0.13% to 0.8983.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 96.477.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.