Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Technology , Basic Resources and Transportation & Logistics sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Food & Beverages , Utilities and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 2.72% or 0.525 points to trade at 19.800 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 2.45% or 0.380 points to end at 15.900 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 1.24% or 0.097 points to 7.893 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ), which lost 1.81% or 0.960 points to trade at 51.950 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 1.76% or 0.172 points to end at 9.590 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) shed 1.59% or 2.100 points to 130.300.
The top performers on the MDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 5.17% to 91.620, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 3.88% to settle at 52.200 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which gained 3.53% to close at 24.960.
The worst performers were Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was down 2.69% to 27.860 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 2.33% to settle at 20.530 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 2.20% to 27.15 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 4.99% to 22.320, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 4.73% to settle at 9.8380 and Rational AG (DE: RAAG ) which gained 4.46% to close at 586.00.
The worst performers were Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co KGaA (DE: BVB ) which was down 6.13% to 8.875 in late trade, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which unchanged 2.61% to settle at 0.11 and Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which was down 2.30% to 2.34 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 370 to 321 and 87 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.07% to 15.39.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.18% or 2.35 to $1316.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.58% or 0.31 to hit $53.97 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.92% or 0.57 to trade at $62.55 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.28% to 1.1381, while EUR/GBP fell 0.31% to 0.8788.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 96.007.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.