Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Media and Software sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Utilities , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ), which rose 2.06% or 3.80 points to trade at 188.00 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 1.28% or 1.190 points to end at 94.000 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) was up 0.88% or 0.220 points to 25.295 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 5.43% or 3.640 points to trade at 63.370 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 3.93% or 0.795 points to end at 19.450 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 2.42% or 0.242 points to 9.778.
The top performers on the MDAX were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which rose 3.20% to 43.030, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was up 2.87% to settle at 59.460 and Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which gained 2.33% to close at 3.25.
The worst performers were Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which was down 2.17% to 37.575 in late trade, Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which lost 1.54% to settle at 45.540 and K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which was down 1.37% to 19.110 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which rose 4.18% to 43.60, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was up 3.31% to settle at 5.530 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 3.00% to close at 87.800.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 3.54% to 10.485 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 3.32% to settle at 12.390 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 2.33% to 11.945 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 401 to 332 and 53 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.59% to 14.10.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.91% or 11.57 to $1289.77 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 2.30% or 1.27 to hit $56.41 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 2.10% or 1.29 to trade at $62.65 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.20% to 1.1793, while EUR/GBP rose 0.10% to 0.8931.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 93.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.