Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Technology , Retail and Transportation & Logistics sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Insurance and Consumer & Cyclical sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which rose 1.65% or 1.100 points to trade at 67.740 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 1.42% or 0.222 points to end at 15.910 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) was up 0.60% or 0.275 points to 46.115 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ), which lost 1.57% or 0.750 points to trade at 47.020 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 1.53% or 1.84 points to end at 118.22 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) shed 1.33% or 0.129 points to 9.541.
The top performers on the MDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 2.93% to 89.7000, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 2.63% to settle at 32.040 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which gained 2.51% to close at 6.417.
The worst performers were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 3.80% to 24.840 in late trade, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which lost 3.73% to settle at 50.52 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 2.61% to 2.385 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which rose 2.93% to 89.700, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 2.63% to settle at 32.040 and United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which gained 1.79% to close at 29.060.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 2.61% to 2.385 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 2.02% to settle at 7.025 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 1.66% to 355.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 371 to 299 and 90 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.76% to 13.84.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.92% or 12.85 to $1413.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 3.82% or 2.21 to hit $60.04 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 3.87% or 2.48 to trade at $66.64 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.45% to 1.1256, while EUR/GBP rose 0.13% to 0.8999.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.39% at 96.713.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.