Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX down 0.53%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Software , Financial Services and Food & Beverages sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare , Retail and Construction sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.53% to hit a new 1-month low, while the MDAX index climbed 0.11%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.52%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ), which rose 1.61% or 1.800 points to trade at 113.700 at the close. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) added 1.47% or 1.450 points to end at 100.100 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 1.31% or 2.70 points to 208.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 10.74% or 10.03 points to trade at 83.33 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 2.04% or 0.210 points to end at 10.096 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) shed 1.99% or 0.168 points to 8.285.
The top performers on the MDAX were Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which rose 4.97% to 46.080, LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was up 2.15% to settle at 100.600 and Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which gained 1.89% to close at 431.50.
The worst performers were GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 2.35% to 32.350 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which lost 2.30% to settle at 37.39 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 1.87% to 11.79 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 4.87% to 13.790, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 3.59% to settle at 19.900 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which gained 3.58% to close at 73.800.
The worst performers were Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was down 3.06% to 32.360 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 1.62% to settle at 17.955 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 1.41% to 24.45 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 418 to 299 and 62 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.43% to 18.19 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.36% or 16.60 to $1202.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 2.20% or 1.49 to hit $66.14 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 1.85% or 1.35 to trade at $71.46 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1394, while EUR/GBP fell 0.04% to 0.8933.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 96.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or