Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Transportation & Logistics , Food & Beverages and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Construction , Basic Resources and Industrials sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 1.35% or 0.330 points to trade at 24.770 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) added 0.90% or 1.75 points to end at 195.60 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 0.79% or 0.620 points to 79.200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 2.32% or 0.222 points to trade at 9.341 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 1.75% or 2.98 points to end at 167.16 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 1.52% or 0.350 points to 22.730.
The top performers on the MDAX were Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which rose 1.21% to 108.900, Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which was up 0.95% to settle at 46.820 and Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which gained 0.91% to close at 82.020.
The worst performers were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 2.80% to 22.90 in late trade, Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which lost 2.42% to settle at 8.308 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was down 1.54% to 17.890 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 2.68% to 15.545, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 2.63% to settle at 132.550 and S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which gained 1.86% to close at 20.240.
The worst performers were CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was down 1.82% to 41.060 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 1.60% to settle at 147.650 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 1.25% to 20.520 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 387 to 326 and 74 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 8.48% to 17.97 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.48% or 6.20 to $1297.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.83% or 1.24 to hit $66.64 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.24% or 0.95 to trade at $75.52 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.17% to 1.1630, while EUR/GBP fell 0.24% to 0.8738.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 94.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.