Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Monday, as gains in the Media , Financial Services and Food & Beverages sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Consumer & Cyclical , Telecoms and Utilities sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 2.77% or 4.150 points to trade at 154.000 at the close. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) added 1.50% or 0.63 points to end at 42.64 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 0.98% or 2.00 points to 206.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which lost 9.99% or 9.69 points to trade at 87.33 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 3.11% or 0.630 points to end at 19.620 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) shed 2.42% or 0.360 points to 14.530.
The top performers on the MDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 3.46% to 20.330, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 3.24% to settle at 82.740 and Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which gained 2.98% to close at 66.280.
The worst performers were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 1.74% to 47.440 in late trade, K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which lost 1.64% to settle at 16.815 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 1.37% to 21.60 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which rose 5.18% to 35.5500, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 3.66% to settle at 77.900 and Baywa AG Vink. NA O.N. (DE: BYWGnx ) which gained 3.12% to close at 24.800.
The worst performers were Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which was down 4.40% to 2.71 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 3.77% to settle at 9.70 and HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which was down 3.76% to 8.45 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 366 to 340 and 73 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 6.11% to 17.19.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.22% or 2.85 to $1279.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.11% or 0.06 to hit $54.13 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.05% or 0.03 to trade at $62.73 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.09% to 1.1372, while EUR/GBP fell 0.07% to 0.8817.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 95.975.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.