Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Utilities and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Insurance , Industrials and Construction sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 1.33% or 0.290 points to trade at 22.160 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 0.67% or 0.670 points to end at 100.050 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) was up 0.45% or 0.038 points to 8.532 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 3.06% or 0.690 points to trade at 21.850 in late trade. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) declined 2.35% or 1.380 points to end at 57.260 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 2.26% or 3.34 points to 144.66.
The top performers on the MDAX were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which rose 1.72% to 74.050, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was up 1.21% to settle at 67.140 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which gained 0.96% to close at 52.650.
The worst performers were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was down 4.05% to 461.50 in late trade, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which lost 2.90% to settle at 50.20 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 2.77% to 61.68 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 4.41% to 17.420, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 2.83% to settle at 15.430 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 2.56% to close at 120.400.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 4.22% to 18.620 in late trade, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which lost 3.86% to settle at 46.840 and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was down 3.03% to 137.40 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 447 to 249 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 8.06% to 15.61.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.41% or 5.00 to $1229.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.31% or 0.21 to hit $68.03 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.12% or 0.09 to trade at $72.67 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.55% to 1.1707, while EUR/GBP fell 0.20% to 0.8928.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.63% at 94.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.