Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Insurance , Food & Beverages and Technology sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Industrials and Media sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 4.09% or 0.795 points to trade at 20.240 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 2.97% or 0.525 points to end at 18.190 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) was up 2.66% or 4.98 points to 192.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 9.17% or 1.748 points to trade at 17.312 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 3.46% or 5.24 points to end at 146.06 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) shed 3.15% or 2.300 points to 70.820.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which rose 3.24% to 133.70, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 2.44% to settle at 48.720 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which gained 2.29% to close at 125.30.
The worst performers were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 6.29% to 50.650 in late trade, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which lost 5.48% to settle at 17.7650 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 4.80% to 34.300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which rose 5.91% to 10.75, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was up 4.38% to settle at 51.900 and Grenke N AG (DE: GLJn ) which gained 4.11% to close at 81.15.
The worst performers were Wacker Neuson NA O.N. (DE: WACGn ) which was down 6.66% to 18.350 in late trade, Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which lost 5.62% to settle at 7.4750 and Hapag Lloyd AG (DE: HLAG ) which was down 5.24% to 30.7400 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 418 to 288 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.97% to 16.93 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.44% or 17.60 to $1208.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.14% or 0.69 to hit $59.98 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.95% or 0.67 to trade at $69.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.36% to 1.1323, while EUR/GBP rose 0.28% to 0.8724.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.25% at 96.79.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.