Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Construction , Utilities and Media sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transportation & Logistics , Technology and Telecoms sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which rose 6.59% or 5.590 points to trade at 90.360 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 1.71% or 1.550 points to end at 91.960 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) was up 1.67% or 0.465 points to 28.350 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 3.64% or 1.010 points to trade at 26.750 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 2.22% or 3.60 points to end at 158.30 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) shed 1.28% or 2.80 points to 216.60.
The top performers on the MDAX were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which rose 7.36% to 14.37, Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which was up 4.28% to settle at 51.930 and Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which gained 4.25% to close at 70.690.
The worst performers were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was down 6.60% to 108.200 in late trade, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which lost 5.43% to settle at 3.56 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 3.50% to 56.450 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which rose 3.88% to 71.230, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 2.62% to settle at 47.465 and Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which gained 2.52% to close at 36.40.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 7.93% to 17.125 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 4.89% to settle at 92.040 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 4.79% to 39.555 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 420 to 334 and 36 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.78% to 12.64.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.82% or 10.43 to $1286.23 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.17% or 0.10 to hit $57.30 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.47% or 0.30 to trade at $63.99 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1591, while EUR/GBP rose 0.50% to 0.8845.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 94.77.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.