Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Utilities , Consumer & Cyclical and Chemicals sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Media , Retail and Basic Resources sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 3.64% or 0.760 points to trade at 21.650 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 1.45% or 1.420 points to end at 99.580 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 1.37% or 0.127 points to 9.400 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ), which lost 1.36% or 0.780 points to trade at 56.450 in late trade. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) declined 1.01% or 0.840 points to end at 82.450 and Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) shed 1.00% or 1.86 points to 184.80.
The top performers on the MDAX were Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which rose 5.17% to 80.310, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was up 1.90% to settle at 38.10 and MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which gained 1.19% to close at 186.50.
The worst performers were Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 9.59% to 6.300 in late trade, Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which lost 6.55% to settle at 43.060 and Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was down 5.20% to 36.650 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 3.52% to 20.600, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 3.07% to settle at 131.100 and Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which gained 2.93% to close at 86.000.
The worst performers were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 9.23% to 39.120 in late trade, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which lost 4.70% to settle at 43.960 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 4.64% to 100.800 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 359 to 343 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.64% to 18.07.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.33% or 4.00 to $1202.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.58% or 0.39 to hit $66.81 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.30% or 0.22 to trade at $72.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.62% to 1.1339, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.8918.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.45% at 96.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.