Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Utilities , Basic Resources and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Food & Beverages sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 3.32% or 0.670 points to trade at 20.835 at the close. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) added 2.77% or 0.255 points to end at 9.462 and Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) was up 2.49% or 4.05 points to 166.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 1.67% or 0.230 points to trade at 13.570 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 1.34% or 0.280 points to end at 20.575 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 1.33% or 0.930 points to 68.750.
The top performers on the MDAX were Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which rose 5.91% to 22.300, Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was up 3.77% to settle at 39.320 and Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which gained 1.64% to close at 64.620.
The worst performers were Hochtief AG (DE: HOTG ) which was down 7.11% to 136.55 in late trade, Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which lost 1.35% to settle at 70.850 and Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 1.31% to 9.850 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which rose 8.36% to 35.45, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was up 0.88% to settle at 16.030 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 0.79% to close at 32.600.
The worst performers were S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was down 2.93% to 18.299 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 1.79% to settle at 12.620 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was down 1.78% to 5.580 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 390 to 369 and 26 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.42% to 12.04.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.44% or 5.83 to $1316.43 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.74% or 0.87 to hit $50.77 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.90% or 1.05 to trade at $56.19 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.05% to 1.2000, while EUR/GBP fell 0.37% to 0.8850.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.12% at 91.51.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.