Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.07%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Friday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Construction and Basic Resources sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Software , Consumer & Cyclical and Financial Services sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.07%, while the MDAX index gained 0.30%, and the TecDAX index declined 2.75%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 2.68% or 0.415 points to trade at 15.885 at the close. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) added 2.65% or 1.370 points to end at 53.030 and Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) was up 1.73% or 2.450 points to 144.150 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 27.25% or 39.425 points to trade at 105.275 in late trade. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) declined 4.26% or 8.85 points to end at 198.85 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) shed 1.63% or 2.25 points to 135.40.
The top performers on the MDAX were Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which rose 3.06% to 32.670, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was up 2.99% to settle at 38.22 and Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which gained 2.69% to close at 25.950.
The worst performers were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which was down 2.54% to 57.600 in late trade, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which lost 1.83% to settle at 128.500 and Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was down 1.80% to 33.80 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Deutz AG (DE: DEZG ) which rose 2.34% to 6.350, Borussia Dortmund GmbH & Co KGaA (DE: BVB ) which was up 2.11% to settle at 9.175 and Vossloh AG (DE: VOSG ) which gained 2.07% to close at 41.900.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 6.07% to 8.435 in late trade, Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which lost 5.10% to settle at 2.42 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 4.95% to 10.36 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 391 to 314 and 70 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.41% to 16.10 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.31% or 4.15 to $1321.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.75% or 0.94 to hit $54.73 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 2.10% or 1.28 to trade at $62.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.26% to 1.1474, while EUR/GBP rose 0.38% to 0.8762.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 95.235.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or