Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Utilities , Telecoms and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Technology , Retail and Food & Beverages sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 1.98% or 0.420 points to trade at 21.600 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.48% or 0.920 points to end at 63.000 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 1.16% or 0.103 points to 8.964 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 2.29% or 0.470 points to trade at 20.070 in late trade. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) declined 1.46% or 0.460 points to end at 31.080 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) shed 1.39% or 1.110 points to 78.720.
The top performers on the MDAX were Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which rose 3.41% to 108.58, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was up 3.21% to settle at 31.160 and MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which gained 1.93% to close at 195.30.
The worst performers were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 2.42% to 113.00 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which lost 2.40% to settle at 34.61 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 2.02% to 27.12 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which rose 2.19% to 25.24, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 1.36% to settle at 93.150 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which gained 1.09% to close at 39.930.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 5.59% to 43.10 in late trade, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 2.73% to settle at 9.800 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 2.01% to 141.600 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 344 to 340 and 90 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.17% to 13.84.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.56% or 6.80 to $1198.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.58% or 0.42 to hit $71.86 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.25% or 0.20 to trade at $81.06 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1749, while EUR/GBP fell 0.09% to 0.8918.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 93.84.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.