Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.13%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Consumer & Cyclical , Insurance and Food & Beverages sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Basic Resources , Chemicals and Transportation & Logistics sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.13%, while the MDAX index climbed 0.67%, and the TecDAX index declined 0.03%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which rose 3.32% or 6.80 points to trade at 211.60 at the close. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) added 1.97% or 0.245 points to end at 12.690 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 1.85% or 0.400 points to 22.060 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 8.74% or 11.100 points to trade at 115.950 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 6.04% or 1.380 points to end at 21.450 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) shed 1.33% or 0.890 points to 66.190.
The top performers on the MDAX were K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which rose 11.04% to 17.050, GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was up 10.92% to settle at 23.715 and Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which gained 3.19% to close at 518.00.
The worst performers were Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which was down 2.99% to 48.330 in late trade, Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which lost 1.87% to settle at 27.790 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 1.78% to 80.400 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which rose 2.53% to 36.480, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was up 2.40% to settle at 32.910 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which gained 1.53% to close at 53.100.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 8.74% to 115.950 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 1.78% to settle at 80.400 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was down 1.70% to 31.860 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 381 to 305 and 94 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.07% to 14.53.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.00% or 13.15 to $1296.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.34% or 0.20 to hit $58.46 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.61% or 0.41 to trade at $67.14 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.18% to 1.1304, while EUR/GBP rose 0.38% to 0.8521.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 96.727.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or