Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Retail and Consumer & Cyclical sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transportation & Logistics , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Media sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 3.57% or 3.360 points to trade at 97.440 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 1.67% or 1.950 points to end at 118.900 and Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) was up 1.20% or 1.900 points to 160.400 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 3.43% or 1.730 points to trade at 48.750 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 3.11% or 0.690 points to end at 21.520 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 1.90% or 0.980 points to 50.580.
The top performers on the MDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 5.65% to 164.500, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was up 2.91% to settle at 33.960 and Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which gained 2.58% to close at 15.1000.
The worst performers were Knorr-Bremse AG (DE: KBX ) which was down 5.98% to 96.65 in late trade, Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which lost 2.82% to settle at 551.50 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 2.47% to 20.540 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 8.42% to 10.30, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was up 6.77% to settle at 17.500 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 5.65% to close at 164.500.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 2.67% to 35.70 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 1.44% to settle at 87.360 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 1.28% to 88.400 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 365 to 332 and 81 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.22% to 14.14.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.28% or 3.55 to $1285.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.60% or 0.38 to hit $63.88 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.88% or 0.63 to trade at $72.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.27% to 1.1215, while EUR/GBP fell 0.50% to 0.8600.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.36% at 97.232.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.