Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Software , Food & Beverages and Technology sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Transportation & Logistics , Chemicals and Construction sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which rose 3.42% or 3.540 points to trade at 107.000 at the close. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) added 1.44% or 1.260 points to end at 88.460 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 1.33% or 0.270 points to 20.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ), which lost 5.49% or 4.580 points to trade at 78.920 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 5.18% or 1.195 points to end at 21.855 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) shed 2.49% or 3.90 points to 152.90.
The top performers on the MDAX were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which rose 2.64% to 43.520, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was up 2.51% to settle at 22.4500 and Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which gained 2.39% to close at 429.00.
The worst performers were GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which was down 6.65% to 30.190 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which lost 4.16% to settle at 35.46 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 3.17% to 10.86 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 7.88% to 135.500, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 5.25% to settle at 114.300 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 4.91% to close at 191.400.
The worst performers were Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 2.02% to 60.500 in late trade, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which lost 1.00% to settle at 37.62 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 0.92% to 12.930 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 358 to 341 and 81 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.88% to 13.81.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.14% or 1.70 to $1206.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $72.06 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.79% or 0.64 to trade at $81.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.20% to 1.1772, while EUR/GBP fell 0.15% to 0.8942.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 93.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.