Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Consumer & Cyclical and Insurance sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Retail , Technology and Construction sectors led shares lower.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 2.29% or 1.120 points to trade at 50.120 at the close. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) added 1.68% or 2.500 points to end at 151.400 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 0.99% or 0.88 points to 89.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 3.46% or 3.950 points to trade at 110.300 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 1.34% or 0.300 points to end at 22.070 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 1.11% or 1.08 points to 96.00.
The top performers on the MDAX were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which rose 5.34% to 68.000, Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which was up 3.05% to settle at 5.000 and Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which gained 1.96% to close at 468.00.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 8.90% to 88.440 in late trade, Fuchs Petrolub AG VZO Pref (DE: FPEG_p ) which lost 7.32% to settle at 37.870 and Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was down 3.67% to 34.10 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 9.49% to 10.800, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was up 8.26% to settle at 136.30 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 3.84% to close at 297.50.
The worst performers were SAF Holland SA (DE: SFQN ) which was down 7.56% to 10.270 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 4.09% to settle at 12.180 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 3.26% to 9.2020 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 377 to 313 and 88 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.13% to 16.61.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.44% or 19.35 to $1328.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.47% or 0.27 to hit $56.89 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.21% or 0.14 to trade at $66.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.04% to 1.1330, while EUR/GBP rose 0.07% to 0.8690.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 96.498.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.