Germany shares mixed at close of trade; DAX up 0.24%
Investing.com – Germany equities were mixed at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Software and Retail sectors propelled shares higher while losses in the Industrials , Food & Beverages and Media sectors led shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.24% to hit a new 3-month high, while the MDAX index lost 0.01%, and the TecDAX index added 0.45%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which rose 1.80% or 1.500 points to trade at 85.000 at the close. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) added 1.78% or 1.200 points to end at 68.640 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) was up 0.93% or 1.100 points to 119.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 1.25% or 0.640 points to trade at 50.500 in late trade. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) declined 1.07% or 0.570 points to end at 52.910 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 0.85% or 0.069 points to 8.063.
The top performers on the MDAX were Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which rose 4.31% to 26.650, Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which was up 3.01% to settle at 21.22 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which gained 1.93% to close at 32.73.
The worst performers were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 9.03% to 87.48 in late trade, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which lost 3.86% to settle at 23.400 and Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 3.02% to 8.03 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 3.04% to 8.2700, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 1.79% to settle at 312.50 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which gained 1.37% to close at 77.600.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 3.17% to 8.55 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 1.68% to settle at 86.780 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 1.18% to 21.760 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 362 to 335 and 81 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.92% to 14.47 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.07% or 0.95 to $1286.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.04% or 0.02 to hit $56.61 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.14% or 0.09 to trade at $65.76 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.27% to 1.1306, while EUR/GBP fell 0.13% to 0.8582.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 96.762.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or